Event Registration Terms & Conditions
Last modified: May 5, 2021
These are the terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) governing your participation in any Cherokee Media Group owned and operated virtual event, meeting, show, seminar or conference (the “Virtual Event”). By registering for the Virtual Event you agree to these terms, which form a binding legal contract between the Virtual Event owners and hosts, Cherokee Media Group (“Owners and Organizers”) and the registered attendee or participant (“you” or “Participant”). If you are registering on behalf of another individual, it is your responsibility to ensure the person participating is aware of these terms and accepts them. By completing the registration on behalf of another individual you are warranting that you have made the Participant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
- Access. Your registration entitles you to access to the Virtual Event for which you have registered. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance shall be borne solely by you, and Virtual Event shall have no liability for such costs.
- Use of Likeness. By participating in the Virtual Event you acknowledge and agree to grant Virtual Event the right at the Virtual Event to record, film, live stream, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant to Virtual Event includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media.
- Virtual Event Content. You acknowledge and agree that Virtual Event, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Virtual Event, including but not limited to, the Virtual Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, venue, and time. Virtual Event content shall be recorded by the Organizers and will be accessible to paid registrants.
- Limitations on Use. By registering for a Cherokee Media Group Virtual Events pass you agree not to sell, trade, transfer, or share your complimentary access link and/or code, unless such transfer is granted by the Organizers. By registering for a paid Virtual Event Pass, you agree not to share, sell or trade your access. If Organizer determines that you have violated this policy, Organizers, may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, report you to law enforcement authorities, and ban you from future Virtual Events.
- Disruptive Conduct. You acknowledge and agree that Virtual Event reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if the Organizers, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behavior create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other Participants.
- Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of sessions at Cherokee Media Group Virtual Events.
- Unethical/Non-Compliant Business Practices. Cherokee Media Group reserves the right to deny participation to anyone who engages in or is reputed to engage in unethical or non-compliant business practices.
- In addition to the requirements and prohibitions set forth in this Section 2, Cherokee Media Group may also exclude any prospective participant from registering for or participating in any Virtual Event, in Cherokee Media Group’s sole discretion.
Fees and Registration
- Payment. The payment of the applicable fee for the Virtual Event is due upon registration. If such payment is insufficient or declined for any reason Cherokee Media Group may refuse to allow you to access the Virtual Event and shall have no liability in that regard.
Cancellation and Quality Assurance
- Cherokee Media Group strives to provide you with the most productive and effective Virtual Event experience possible. If you feel there is some way we can improve, please provide us in writing with your comments on the evaluation provided upon arrival. Should you feel dissatisfied with your experience and wish to request a credit or refund, please submit it in writing no later than 10 business days after the end of the Virtual Event to: Cherokee Media Group, 301 Cascade Pointe Lane, Cary, NC 27513
We will evaluate individual complaints in a context of collective comments from the Virtual Event. As speakers are confirmed months before the Virtual Event, some speaker changes or topic changes may occur in the program. Cherokee Media Group is not responsible for speaker changes, but will work to ensure a comparable speaker is located to participate in the program.
- Cancellations of Virtual Events are subject to the entire Virtual Event registration fee. All sales are final. No payments will be refunded or refundable. Please note that if you do not cancel and do not access the Virtual Event, you are still responsible for payment. In no event shall Cherokee Media Group be obligated to refund all or a portion of the registration fee. Cancellations of In Person events are subject to an 18% cancellation fee, requests to cancel must be submitted 30 days prior to the start of the event date.
- If Cherokee Media Group is prevented from carrying out its obligations as it pertains to the Conference you registered for as a result of any cause beyond its control, or such Conference cannot be Virtually conducted because of a software or issue with the hosting platform or due to acts of God, strikes, labor disputes, government requisitions, restrictions or war or apparent act of war, terrorism, disaster, civil disorder, epidemic or pandemic, curtailment or restriction on transportation facilities, or any other comparable calamity, casualty or condition (collectively a “Force Majeure”) Cherokee Media Group shall have the right to immediately terminate the affected Virtual Event without liability and shall be relieved of its obligations to Registrant. If the affected Virtual Event is terminated due to a Force Majeure occurrence before the first day of the Virtual Event, then Cherokee Media Group will reschedule the affected Virtual Event and your registration fee will be applied to the rescheduled Conference.
Virtual Event Registration Confirmation
- Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your registration confirmation by email. Please ensure that your valid email is entered correctly on the registration form. Be sure to check your junk email box too in case any of your Virtual Event email(s) are caught by spam filters.
- You will receive essential information for registered attendees electronically at the email address and mailing address that are provided on your registration form.
- In addition, you will also be added to the Virtual Event participant list for notifications of future Virtual Events.
- If you would like to opt-out of any of these benefits, a link is provided in each email to provide the ability to opt-out.
Please be aware that we may update and change any part or all of these Registration Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying you first. If we update or change these Registration Terms and Conditions, the updated Registration Terms and Conditions will be posted on this page. The updated terms will become effective and binding on the next business day after they are posted. When we change these terms, the “Last Modified” date above will be updated to reflect the date of the most recent version. We encourage you to review these terms periodically.